An Attempt
I see many people around me half-sleep even when they are busy doing things they think are important , this is because i think they are chasing wrong things . The way you get meaning into your life is to devote your self to loving others , devote yourself to your community around you and devote your self to create some thing that gives you purpose and meaning .
The below is one of my attempt to give meaning to my life ......
When I spoke to santhosh my neighbor in my home town Godavarikhani , i've realized that his Communication skills were very poor , though he has scored above 80% in his entire education i am sure this guy is going to struggle in getting job . I know how much pain and struggle the parents has to undergo to pay the fees at Godavarikhani. Parents are in hope that their kids with MCA degree will get a good job and lead a wonderful life . But the reality is no one told the parents and students about the importance of Soft skills in today’s competitive world to get a job , Including the teachers , well they them self are not aware of this fact .
Next day I’ve visited Godavarikhani MCA PG college and interacted with Students and faculties was shocked to find every one is like santhosh . They Can't communicate in English. That time I’ve realized my duty, as a person knowing the Industry i have to explain these students and faculties the importance of Soft skills in their career and in life .
I've coordinated with Mr.Ajay , Ajay is HOD for this college, I've conducted a seminar explaining the importance of Soft skills and also gave them tips and ways to improve their English. Next day i went to citicable channel office and spoke to their MD and convinced him to conduct an interview for me, through which i can reach whole city to explain the importance of soft skills and need to work on them from school age and i did it successfully .
Click the below link to see the Interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3m8rSdMF2c
After 2 months I've visited this college , I've asked the students what they have done to improve their communication skills , to my surprise none of them took any steps or attempts to improve their communication skills . I felt these guys need little push so gave another motivational speech to these students , there were 40 students , this time i wanted to see action from these students.
So we all agreed to meet a day later and every student will give a presentation with the below rules
1. Topic should be IT related.
2. Presenter Should be in Professional attire .
3. Time limit is 4 minutes .
4. The aim of this first session was to Attempt .
I got very good response , 27 students turned up that day with preparation, Students participated with lot of enthusiasm , they spoke on topics like web 2.0 , e-commerce, IT in India , Java Technologies, OS etc.
I've selected 2 winners and presented them Pen Drive as Prize .
To take it forward I’ve also drawn an action plan for which all students have agreed , Now on these guys and girls will meet weekly twice ( Monday and Wednesday ) to conduct these type of sessions among them selves . I've chosen 3 captains who will co ordinate these .
I know how much it will help these students once they come out of the college and face the world .
Most of these students studied in telugu medium , they need more help , but as i work in Bangalore , Godavarikhani is too far to travel frequently So i am planning to conduct Online sessions for these guys with the help of few volunteers from Bangalore .
So this is one of my efforts to make my life meaningful , i see so many ways and possibilities around us to help our country to develop .If we all start putting such small efforts i am sure we will be a Developed Nation soon .Sare jahase acha hindusthan hamara .....banana hey hamare desh ko .....Jai Hind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks a lot satish for giving us a great example.
ReplyDelete- Shravan
Yeah this is really true. Most freshers lack commuication and presentation skills. It is a very good initiative that you have taken.
ReplyDeleteNice ra... I appreciate your efforts ... What ever you have done really appreciable and I hope you will continue doing rt things in a rt time...
ReplyDeleteIn future will plan more and will do the things together... I hope our team will also take initiative to work together to full fill our dreams...
Write more columns ... which may change at least someone in the world ...
Great work....
ReplyDeleteI have learnt so many things from you to improvise my professional career. but this is example for me to learn about life...
Sir you are my inspiration...thx
ReplyDeleteHi Satish,
ReplyDeleteThis is really nice effort.Let me know how can I help you in this Initiative.
Your Friend,
Ramchander
Pls Contact Me where r u? BABA M JOSHI joshibaba@gmail.com - 9900246767.
ReplyDelete